Porsche is known for its power, endurance, and its recognizable appearance, however, your Porsche may develop issues with the pressure accumulator. This part can fail for a number of reasons, but it is important to know what to look for.
The pressure accumulator is a hydraulic component tasked with helping your vehicle’s fluids perform as they should. Systems like the a/c, brakes, fuel system, clutch assembly, and transmission all use a pressure accumulator. It can also store and release pressure whenever needed; hence its name, as it accumulates pressure and disperses it when necessary.
Reasons for Pressure Accumulator Failure
The main reason a pressure accumulator fails is because of a loss of pressure. This can occur within the seals, valves, or hydraulic lines within the accumulator. When there is a leak, the accumulator is not able to store as much pressure resulting in poor performance.
Sometimes the valves associated with the component will get stuck closed. This will prevent the fluid from reaching its destination, causing your Porsche problems. So you can see that this system throughout your car must function as designed or issues can crop up in a multitude of places.
Symptoms of Pressure Accumulator Failure
The pressure accumulator is used for many systems within your Porsche. Failure can impact the overall performance of your vehicle or even result in the total failure of certain systems. Because the accumulator affects so many different systems, this results in many different symptoms. Below we listed the most common symptoms:
- Poor production of cold air: The a/c unit within your vehicle uses a pressure accumulator to produce cold air. Without the appropriate amount of pressure, the airflow weakens and is unable to cool the entire vehicle.
- Poor functioning brake or clutch: Pressurized brake and transmission fluid aid the safety of the operation of your vehicle. If the clutch or brakes seem slow to respond, there is likely an accumulator issue that needs to be addressed by a certified mechanic.
- Suspension problems: The suspension of a Porsche uses hydraulic pressure to absorb the impacts of the road. If the pressure accumulator fails, you will notice a more bumpy ride when you are driving.
- Warning lights illuminated: Pressure accumulator failure can cause the check engine light and the brake warning light to illuminate. It is imperative that these warning lights are not ignored as they are meant to keep your vehicle operating in safe conditions not only for the vehicle but yourself as well.
When a warning light is illuminated your Porsche displays a numerical code in a code which needs to be read by professional diagnostic equipment to get to the source of the problem and get it fixed.
World Class Auto Repairs
We have been helping drivers of Boca Raton, FL for years. World Class Auto Repairs specializes in the repair and service of European vehicles including Audi, Bentley, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Maserati, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Volkswagen, Volvo, Asian Import, and Domestic. By limiting our services to these specific brands, we are able to offer the highest quality maintenance for your luxury vehicle.
We are your dealership alternative at a fraction of the price. Maintaining your vehicle should not be as much of a hassle as it seems to have become. Inexperienced technicians and overworked dealerships can leave your vehicle worse than when you dropped it off.
At World Class Auto Repairs, we are committed to your satisfaction with our services, repairs, and customer service. Some of the benefits of our auto repair shop are:
- ASE certified technicians
- Factory-trained mechanics
- Factory-grade tools and diagnostic equipment
- Same-day service
Our shop always uses the latest factory-grade tools and equipment available. This allows our mechanics to provide your car with all the services it needs to perform its best including:
- A/C service and repair
- Battery services
- Brake Service and repair
- Check engine light maintenance
- Clutch repairs
- Diagnostic inspections
- Engine repairs
- Factory scheduled maintenance
- Flash and reprogramming
- Oil change services
- Suspension repair
- Transmission repair
- Tire services
- Wheel alignments
Regardless of what your vehicle needs, our certified technicians and highly-trained mechanics have you covered with the highest quality service you can find near Boca Raton. Call or visit our auto repair shop today to schedule an appointment.